Patient safety organizations such as the Joint Commission and World Health Organization have embraced teamwork principles to meet and exceed required safety goals, skills and competencies necessary to reduce adverse outcomes. Healthcare organizations across the world are using TeamSTEPPS-Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety as an effective intervention for improving communication, leadership and other teamwork skills to reduce medical errors that lead to adverse patient outcomes. Developed by the Department of Defense Military Health System and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, TeamSTEPPS is an easy-to-use, public domain, evidence-based teamwork curricula customizable for any healthcare setting. Culture change occurs when behaviors and resultant attitudes align through the proactive sharing of accurate information across disciplines, the use of critical language to alert & avert potential harm and the ability to practice the behaviors as part of the everyday process of delivering patient care. The audioconference speakers will provide access to the curricula and tools, offer training opportunities/lessons learned, provide domain-specific implementation success stories, connect the power of simulation with team practice, and share sustainment strategies.
What Is an Audioconference?
It is a live event that includes session handouts, an interactive question and answer period, and access for an unlimited number of participants at each call-in site. However, only one site can be offered per registration. It is impermissible for an organization to purchase one registration and to operate multiple sites through an internal telephone system. During the live Audioconference participants will be able to ask questions and make comments. The Audioconference faculty has agreed to take follow-up questions via email. Audioconferences are simple, accessible, cost effective and reach a broad audience locally.
Who Should Listen:
- Clinicians (Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists and Other Health Professionals) engaged in Medical and Ambulatory Care
- Patient Safety Officers
- Educators of Healthcare Providers
- Trustees of Health Care Organizations
- Employers and Healthcare Purchaser Representatives
- Patient, Families and others committed to making healthcare safer
- Health Insurance and Health Plan Executives
- Hospital and Health System Administrators
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management Experts
- Healthcare Consultants, Venture Capitalists and Investment Bankers
- Healthcare Attorneys and In-House Counsel
- Health Service Researchers and Health Policy Experts
All Faculty Materials will be Posted on the Patient Safety Audioconference website: www.PatientSafetyAudioconferences.com/PSAudio20081120 in downloadable PDF Formats.